Resurface Your Concrete Starting at $5 per Square Foot!
Trusted Concrete Resurfacing and Decorative Overlays in the Inland Empire
Save a lot of time and money, resurfacing your old concrete with Deckrete, instead of ripping it out and pouring a new slab. Resurfacing is less expensive, starting at $5 per SF instead of new pour cement which starts at $12 per SF. Resurfacing also takes a lot less time, so you’ll get to enjoy your refurbished transformation faster for far less cost. Our team here at Deckrete consists of highly skilled, experienced contractors who’ve earned the trust and satisfaction of customers for over 30 years. With every job we do, it’s our mission to turn our client’s ideas and dreams into reality, and we work hard to achieve that. Specializing in Concrete Resurfacing, Concrete Overlays, Epoxy Floors, Concrete Repair, Decorative Concrete, Patio Repairs and Concrete Driveways in Riverside County and the surrounding Inland Empire in Southern CA, we bring expertise and precision to every project.
Call Victor from Deckrete today at 800-701-9890 to discuss your concrete resurfacing needs.
What is concrete resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing, as the name suggests, involves restoring a concrete surface without completely replacing the entire slab. Instead, the top layer is carefully removed, minor imperfections are addressed, and a fresh layer of resurfacer is applied. While resurfacer resembles and functions similarly to regular concrete, it’s a distinct material.
Unlike conventional concrete, resurfacers contain specialized bonding agents that enable them to seamlessly adhere to the existing concrete substrate. This results in a durable and unified floor surface. Attempting to use regular concrete for resurfacing would lead to a cracked and unusable layer.
What is concrete overlay?
A concrete overlay is a thin layer of cement-based material applied to an existing concrete surface. It serves two main purposes:
1. Repair: Concrete overlays can be used to repair minor cracks, spalling, and other surface defects in existing concrete. This can be a more cost-effective and time-saving alternative to replacing the entire concrete slab.
2. Decoration: Concrete overlays can also be used to enhance the appearance of existing concrete. They come in a variety of colors, textures, and patterns, allowing you to create a unique and stylish look for your indoor or outdoor spaces.
Here are some key characteristics of concrete overlays:
- Thinness: They are typically applied in layers ranging from 1/8 inch to 1 inch thick, making them a lightweight and versatile option.
- Durability: When properly installed, concrete overlays can be highly durable and resistant to wear and tear, weather, and chemicals.
- Versatility: They can be used on a variety of concrete surfaces, including floors, walls, patios, pool decks, and driveways.
- Range of options: Concrete overlays come in a wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns, allowing you to customize the look of your concrete.
- Application: While some overlays are DIY-friendly, most require professional installation for optimal results.
Here are some common types of concrete overlays:
- Stamped overlays: These overlays are textured to resemble natural materials like brick, stone, or wood.
- Microtoppings: These are thin overlays that create a smooth, seamless finish.
- Polished overlays: These overlays are polished to a high shine, creating a luxurious look.
- Resurfacing overlays: These overlays are designed to fill in minor cracks and imperfections in the existing concrete.
Overall, concrete overlays offer a versatile and cost-effective way to repair and enhance the appearance of your concrete surfaces.
Should you repair or replace your old concrete?
Is Your Concrete Slab Showing Its Age? Here Are Your Options
If your concrete garage floor, driveway, sidewalk, or patio is starting to look a bit worse for wear, you have two main options:
- Demolish and replace the old slab: This is the most drastic option, but it may be necessary if the slab is severely cracked, spalled, or otherwise damaged.
- Resurface the old slab: This is a less expensive and more DIY-friendly option that can be used to repair superficial damage such as cracks, discoloration, and minor chipping.
Choosing the Right Option
The best option for you will depend on the extent of the damage to your concrete slab. If the slab is structurally sound but simply looks a bit weathered, resurfacing is a good choice. However, if the slab is extensively damaged, demolition and replacement is the more durable solution.
Considerations for Resurfacing
If you choose to resurface your concrete slab, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Resurfaced concrete may not last as long as a new slab, especially in colder climates.
- Resurfacing may not be suitable for slabs that are severely damaged.
How do I know if resurfacing is an option?
Resurfacing offers a cost-effective alternative to replacing an entire concrete slab, but it’s crucial to determine if the slab is suitable for this repair method. Product instructions generally recommend resurfacing for slabs with superficial damage, such as small cracks, chips, and spalls where aggregate pieces have loosened. However, if the cracks extend through the entire slab’s thickness or cause significant height differences between adjoining sides, resurfacing is unlikely to be a viable option.
To assess the slab’s condition, inspect the cracks carefully. If they run all the way through the slab, resurfacing won’t provide a durable solution. Additionally, check for any noticeable height discrepancies between the sides of the cracks. If one side is significantly higher than the other, it indicates that the slab is undergoing major heaving, suggesting that resurfacing is not a suitable repair method.
In contrast, slabs with superficial cracks, chips, and spalls are excellent candidates for resurfacing. These types of damage can be effectively concealed and repaired with a thin layer of resurfacer, restoring the slab’s appearance and functionality.
How much does resurfacing concrete cost?
Cost-Effective Concrete Resurfacing: An Alternative to Replacement
The cost of concrete resurfacing varies depending on the size and condition of the surface being treated. However, it’s generally significantly more affordable than replacing the entire concrete slab. At Deckrete our prices start at $5 per square foot, which is a lot more affordable and cost effective than a new pour, which you can expect to be $12 or more per square foot.
Factors that can influence the cost include:
- Surface preparation: The extent of crack repair and surface cleaning can impact the overall cost.
- Resurfacer type: Different resurfacer materials, such as epoxy or polymer-modified, may have varying prices.
- Labor costs: Labor rates vary depending on your location and the contractor’s experience.
- Additional considerations: Special requirements, such as decorative finishes or complex designs, may add to the overall cost.
When can I resurface my concrete?
Environmental Conditions for Concrete Resurfacing
Just like traditional concrete pouring, resurfacing requires favorable weather conditions. The ideal environment for resurfacing involves:
- Above-freezing temperatures: Concrete requires warmth to cure properly. Avoid resurfacing when temperatures are below 50°F (10°C) to ensure proper curing and prevent cracking.
- Dry environment: Moisture can interfere with the bonding process between the resurfacer and the existing concrete. Avoid resurfacing during rain or when the surface is damp to ensure a strong and lasting bond.
- Wind: Strong winds can cause rapid evaporation of moisture, affecting the curing process. If resurfacing must be done in windy conditions, consider using windbreaks or applying moisture-retaining curing compounds.
- Direct sunlight: Direct sunlight can also lead to rapid moisture loss, especially during hot weather. If resurfacing must be done in direct sunlight, consider applying curing compounds or shading the area to prevent premature drying.
Can we use special stains and finishes with concrete resurfacing?
Yes, you can certainly enhance the appearance of resurfaced concrete with stains and special finishes. Similar to traditional concrete floors, resurfaced concrete can be stained to achieve a variety of colors and patterns. Additionally, polishing techniques can be employed to create a glossy, high-end finish.
Here’s a breakdown of the options available for enhancing resurfaced concrete:
- Acid-based stains: These stains penetrate deeply into the concrete, producing a permanent and durable color change.
- Acrylic stains: These stains are applied to the surface of the concrete, offering a wider range of colors but may require resealing periodically.
acidbased concrete stain
- Polishing pads: Using a series of abrasive diamond polishing pads, concrete is gradually polished to a smooth, glossy finish.
- Chemical polishing: This method involves applying a chemical solution that dissolves the surface layer of concrete, revealing the aggregate beneath and creating a polished finish.
chemical concrete polishing
By combining staining and polishing techniques, you can achieve a unique and aesthetically pleasing finish for your resurfaced concrete floor. Whether you prefer a natural look with subtle color variations or a high-gloss, polished finish, the possibilities are endless.
What do I need to do to prepare for resurfacing?
Thorough preparation is the key to long-lasting results when resurfacing concrete. This preparation involves several steps:
- Pressure-washing the slab: This removes dirt, debris, and loose particles that could interfere with the bonding of the resurfacer to the concrete.
- Repairing significant damage: Use a quality concrete patch product to fill in any cracks, spalls, or other deep gouges in the slab.
- Removing stains from oil, paint, or tree sap: These stains can seep through the resurfacing material, so it’s important to remove them prior to application.
- Etching the surface: This creates a rough texture that enhances the adhesion of the resurfacer to the concrete.
tree sap stain on concrete
Oil, paint, and tree sap stains can be difficult to remove from concrete. However, there are a few methods that can be effective.
- For oil stains:
- Use a commercial oil-based cleaner.
- Apply the cleaner to the stain and let it sit for several minutes.
- Scrub the stain with a stiff brush.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
- For paint stains:
- Use a commercial paint stripper.
- Apply the stripper to the stain and let it sit for several minutes.
- Scrape off the paint with a putty knife.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
- For tree sap stains:
- Use a commercial sap remover.
- Apply the remover to the stain and let it sit for several minutes.
- Scrape off the sap with a putty knife.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
Etching the Surface
Etching the surface of the concrete creates a rough texture that helps the resurfacer adhere to the concrete. This can be done using a commercial concrete etchant or a solution of muriatic acid and water.
- To etch the surface with a commercial concrete etchant:
- Follow the instructions on the product label.
- Apply the etchant to the concrete and let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
- To etch the surface with muriatic acid and water:
- Mix one part muriatic acid with 10 parts water.
- Apply the solution to the concrete and let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
Once the slab has been properly prepared, it is ready for the application of the resurfacer.
What Makes Us Great
We take your old and cracked concrete and turn it into something much better. A refurbished driveway, patio, walkway, or pool deck looks brand new at prices that is easy on your finance.
Our team has 30+ years of experience
Licensed, Bonded and Insured
We are fully licensed, bonded and insured according to all local, state and federal regulations.
Not only will resurfacing your old concrete save you money over replacing it. You’ll receive the highest quality products and services, at the very best prices from Deckrete.
Call Victor for a Free Estimate
If you have a concrete resurfacing or overlay project anywhere in Southern California and would like a free quote on how much the project will cost to fix, instead of replacing your cement or concrete, contact Victor at 800-701-9890 right now.
Concrete driveways and walkways are not only functional, but they can also be visually stunning, adding instant curb appeal to any property. We specialize in transforming old, worn-out driveways and walkways into durable, long-lasting surfaces that enhance the beauty of your home or business.
Decorative concrete is an innovative way to add unique style and sophistication to any property. We specialize in creating one-of-a-kind decorative concrete designs that are both stunning and long lasting.
Epoxy floors are a modern and stylish way to enhance the look and feel of any space. We specialize in creating beautiful, high-quality epoxy floors that are both durable and visually stunning.
Designing a deck is an exciting and creative process that can add both value and beauty to your home. Our deck design services offer a wide range of options to create a customized and unique outdoor living space that perfectly suits your needs and preferences.
Refurbishing and repairing old concrete on your existing patio is a fun and exciting process that allows you to create a beautiful outdoor living space that suits your lifestyle and preferences in a budget-friendly manner. You can totally change the look and feel of your outdoor space quickly, for far less than having the old concrete ripped out and pouring a new slab too.
Our experienced team will refurbish your old concrete pool deck and transform it with an updated design that not only enhances the appearance of your pool area but also maximizes its functionality. This is a budget friendly alternative to a new slab that not only costs much less, but takes far less time to complete.
Our overlays are more than just visually appealing; they are also highly durable and long-lasting. They can withstand heavy foot traffic, weather, and wear, ensuring that your surface will look great for years to come. Plus, they are easy to maintain and clean, making them an ideal choice for busy households or commercial spaces.
Concrete refinishing is an excellent way to update and modernize old, outdated concrete surfaces. At our concrete resurfacing company, we specialize in creating beautiful and customized refinishing solutions that are both cost-effective and visually stunning.
Using advanced techniques and high-quality materials, our skilled professionals can resurface your concrete surfaces to create a brand new appearance. Whether you’re looking for a sleek and modern finish or a decorative and textured design, we have the expertise and creativity to bring your vision to life.
Common Malfunctions of Concrete and Solutions
At Deckrete, we understand that sometimes its better to work with the concrete you have rather than paying for all new concrete. Luckily, common issues such as cracking, buckling, discoloration, and fading have plenty of methods of repair, ranging from DIY solutions such as the use of sealant produdcts for minor cracks and methods of preventing or reversing concrete discoloration . Whatever the issue may be, we have a solution.
Is Your Concrete Starting To Crack? Heres the solution:
Cracking of concrete is a common issue that can be caused by a variety of factors, such as shrinkage, settlement, or excessive loading. One way to fix cracks in concrete is by using a DIY solution, such as filling them with a concrete patching compound. However, for larger cracks or those that indicate a more serious underlying issue, professional intervention may be necessary to prevent further damage.
Another possible solution is concrete upheaval, where the affected area is removed and replaced with new concrete. It’s essential to determine the cause of the cracking before attempting any repairs to ensure that the issue doesn’t reoccur. By addressing the root cause of the problem, whether it be due to improper installation, insufficient reinforcement, or something else, you can prevent future cracks from developing and keep your concrete surface looking its best.
Is Your Concrete showing signs of fading or discoloration? Heres the solution:
Concrete discoloration or fading is a common issue that can occur due to various reasons, such as exposure to UV rays, use of improper cleaning chemicals, or the use of low-quality materials during installation. One way to fix discoloration is to use concrete stain or dye, which can be applied to the surface to change its color or restore its vibrancy. However, if the discoloration is due to the use of low-quality materials, complete concrete resurfacing may be necessary to achieve a uniform color and texture.
It’s crucial to identify the underlying cause of discoloration before attempting any repairs to ensure that the issue doesn’t reoccur. By using high-quality materials, avoiding exposure to harsh chemicals, and using appropriate cleaning techniques, you can prevent discoloration and fading of your concrete surface, and maintain its appearance for years to come.
Is Your Concrete Suffering From Buckling? Heres the solution:
Buckling of concrete is a serious issue that occurs when the concrete surface moves or bends upward due to pressure from below, often as a result of soil expansion or contraction. Buckling can cause significant damage to the concrete surface and pose a safety hazard to users.
If you notice any signs of buckling, such as unevenness or heaving of the surface, it’s essential to seek professional help immediately. A qualified contractor can assess the extent of the damage and recommend the appropriate repair strategy, which may involve removing and replacing the affected area or using methods such as mudjacking to level the surface.
Prevention is key when it comes to buckling, and one way to minimize the risk of this issue is to ensure that the concrete surface is installed on a stable, well-compacted base and that proper drainage measures are in place to prevent soil movement. By taking proactive steps to prevent buckling, you can help ensure the longevity and safety of your concrete surface.
Introduction : Transform your Concrete Driveway with these Resurfacing Techniques. Your home's exterior is the material that establishes the vibe for the whole property. Your driveway, specifically, is vital to molding the initial impression. If your substantial...
Introduction Are you looking to improve your backyard with a transformational patio design? Whether it is summer, winter, spring or any other season, we often love to stay under the sky and have the touch of nature. We all love to have a space of outdoor living where...
Enhancing Curb Appeal with Decorative Concrete Resurfacing in Perris, CA Curb appeal plays a significant role in creating a lasting impression for homes and businesses in Perris, CA. One effective way to elevate the aesthetics of your property's exterior is through...
Deckrete Service Area
Proudly servicing the local Inland Empire of Southern California including: Riverside, Corona, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Perris, Canyon Lake, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Beaumont, Yucaipa, Moreno Valley, San Jacinto, Winchester, and the surrounding areas.